TIMELINE: 6 Tips for updating your Facebook Page
1) Update your personal Facebook profile page in advance of the mandatory conversion next week to remove embarrassing pictures and posts or simply manage/clean up the look and feel of your profile.
2) Select a photo for the new “Cover”. The cover is the new larger rectangular-shaped graphic positioned as a footer at the top of the page. Your existing profile picture will appear in the lower left hand corner partially covering part of the larger graphic. Just like profile pictures, your cover photos are public.
3) Start with the oldest posts first, since it will take a long time for all the post to load, and during this process it is hard to edit them since the page keeps scrolling and moving. My own profile took 20 minutes to fully load postings dating back to 2009.
4) You can change the date of when pictures are posted to match the actual event (great for photos that were added later such as vacation pictures.
5) Leave plenty of time to work on this. It took an hour and a half to make all the changes to clean up my profile. You have the ability to hide or delete the previous posts.
6) Updating a personal profile does not update any Business pages that are linked to it. Facebook has hinted at plans to update business pages with the Timeline feature, but has yet to announce a date.
Check out this Timeline Guide from Mashable.
These tips also reposted on this Blog!