Ten Blog Writing Tips Every Business Should Know!
Blogs have become a primary source of information for a great number of people – and are surpassing the older forms of information gathering. People want to learn something – fast. They are seeking information on a person, an activity, a business, a recreational activity, technology or other area of interest. Here are some tips that can help you write a blog that gets read and shared with others:
- Keep it short. Don’t be long-winded. 250 words is adequate.
- Ensure you have done your research and that your facts are 100% correct.
- Keep it simple, straightforward and to the point. Avoid long, convoluted sentences.
- Take the right “tone” – whether friendly, informative, or aggressive, that best reflects your brand or the image you want to project. Avoid “salesy” blogs – keep it informational.
- Add an image. People want to see a graphic representation.
- Write it but don’t post it – take a least ½ an hour, re-read it and make changes, and then post it.
- Choose a subject people are interested in, or present your company’s strong points in an appealing way – you want to engage your reader.
- Use keywords sparingly. Keywords and phrases are important for ranking, but when overdone, it is a disaster. Your content must make sense and be interesting to the reader.
- Introduce your key point early in your blog post. If it is hidden within the text, the reader may never get to it. Once you lose them, they are usually gone for good.
- Include a link to your website so that the reader can find you, your company or the activity you are discussing.
Use these tips if you want your blog to be read and shared. If you aren’t a writer, hire a professional. It is affordable, and ANY content posted on the web should be 100% unique, professional and engaging.
Contact GANZ Media to see how we can help you with all your online content needs.